To create a product in 3 Dimensions Mostly the product designer use a software named as SolidWorks. lofting and shaping techniques are very newer in this area & these techniques are used to produce the solid shape First Sketch into 2D profile then after the 2D profile, It is transferred into the 3D model. But the question is HOW MUCH RAM DO I NEED FOR SOLIDWORKS?
Let me tell you one thing Not every laptop is suitable for Solidworks. To work smoothly on SolidWorks software, There is always a need for a specific capacity of RAM.
HOW MUCH RAM DO I NEED FOR SOLIDWORKS APPLICATION?
The system that has SOLIDWORKS Visualize or Solidworks visualize boost should have these requirements:
- Newer (64-bit) or Windows® 7
- CPU Dual-core; Quad-core (recommended)
- Recommended 16GB or more
PDM Viewer or Contributor: 8 GB is good but more is better
PDM Web Server or Web Client: 8 GB is good but more is better
ECC RAM recommended
- Free disk space 2GB but recommended 5GB free disk space
- GPU RAM 2GB or more; 4GB is highly recommended
- NVIDIA® graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro®/NVIDIA GeForce®/Tesla™ with at least NVIDIA Kepler™ chip; Dual-GPU set up with at least NVIDIA Maxwell™ cards for the best experience
- NVIDIA driver support for CUDA® 9.0 or later required
- NVIDIA driver (newer) recommended but driver version 385.41 is a good option
- HDR Light Studio connection: except v5.4, HDR Light Studio v5.3.3 or more modern
- Video memory 4GB or more highly recommended
HOW MUCH RAM IS ENOUGH FOR SOLIDWORKS?
In laptops, the ram is responsible for run smoothly applications without exhausting the system. There is always need at least enough RAM For SolidWorks Parts, drawings, assemblies, and operations used in different modes. If there Ram wholly consumed then the performance of the applications will decrease.
Can SolidWorks run on 4GB Ram?
Not only the Ram size but There is also the internals of laptops matter regarding operating perfectly Solidworks. You must have a good configuration laptop for performing SolidWorks in the fastest mode. During working maybe you face a lagging issue if you have an integrated GPU. For small assembly and part Modelling, 4GB Ram with integrated graphics core 2 duos is a good option.
IS 8GB RAM IS ENOUGH FOR SOLIDWORKS?
Yes, 8GB Ram gives you a better experience for SolidWorks. If we compare the performance of 8GB or 4GB ram Then. 8 GB Ram works perfectly & gives you speed more than 4GB Ram, but It depends on the configuration & design of your laptop. If you can afford it then I will suggest you buy 16GB Ram. It will work smoothly & give the fastest response without any lagging.
Check out my latest Post: BEST LAPTOPS WITH CD/DVD DRIVE
HOW TO KNOW HOW MUCH RAM IS IN USED?
- Open Windows Task Manager You will easily know how much RAM is used by your computer.
- By pressing Ctrl + alt + delete you can easily access the task manager.
- Then you will see different types of commands shows on your screen.
- Click on solid work status on the task manager then you know about solid work Ram consuming status.
In the performance lab, Ram status you can also check. below 5% Ram causes of lagging so took a special look on it.
Physical memory(Resource monitor) is also an important factor For your performance if your system consuming 95 percent of Total Physical memory(Resource monitor) then it means you need bigger Ram.
In that case, if you will not change your RAM you will suffer from Lagging issues. In this article. In short, the bigger the Ram size the performance will be double.
But finally, the decision depends on your workload & your pocket.